Due to our continual expansion, Wilton Bradley is seeking a dynamic Sales Manager for our B2B independent retail channel. You will manage a team of 7 field sales representatives and indirectly a team of 10 office staff ensuring they are always motivated, well trained and working towards the business’s overall product, brand and sales strategies.
An integral part of the role will be to develop a thorough understanding of our product and brand offering and ensuring that the sales team are inspired and motivated to sell the product. As well as being an expert in our own products, you will gain an in-depth knowledge of the competitive landscape to feed into our own product strategy.
The successful candidate will be a key member of the senior management team with accountability for both financial and professional development objectives.
This will be a predominantly office-based role at our Newton Abbot office. This is a permanent role and will be subject to the successful completion of a 6-month probationary review.
The successful candidate will:
Work closely with the Sales Director to define and execute a strategic sales plan for the UK market in our independent sales channel, within our core product categories – Toys, Leisure and Sporting goods.
- Nurture our office and field-based teams, set objectives, train and coach, and monitor performance ensuring assigned tasks and responsibilities are fulfilled
- Identify knowledge / skills gaps within the team and create a plan to fill them.
- Own budgets and reach/exceed annual sales targets whilst maintaining margin integrity.
- Provide regular reports and analysis on KPIs, pipeline development and product performance within key markets.
- Build long term customer relationships.
- Frequently travel to visit key existing customer accounts and understand each territory.
- Be a key stakeholder in UK marketing planning.
- Work with Sales Director and Marketing Coordinator to plan and attend key trade shows.
- Maintain regular, consistent and professional attendance, punctuality, personal appearance, and adhere to relevant health and safety procedures. Pursue personal development of skills and knowledge.
- Any other tasks deemed by the Company to be necessary for the successful completion of the role.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business or related discipline is preferred
- 3+ years sales management experience, with outstanding performance. Strong understanding of B2B sales strategies
- Excellent sales and negotiation skills that can inspire our team and grow our business effectively
- Entrepreneurial attitude, commercial acumen, and excellent communicator
- Excellent presentation & interpersonal skills
- Good analytical skills, attentive to details and good with numbers
- Confident and articulate, able to use own initiative to get things done
- Previous Toy / Leisure goods industry experience is preferred but not essential
- Flexibility with working hours