ASSISTANT WAREHOUSE TEAM LEADER
|Location||Heathfield, Newton Abbot|
|Salary||£10.98 – £11.78 per hour|
|Benefits||25% shop discount, 50% online discount, pension (if applicable) and Company sponsored healthcare scheme. 31 days holiday per year (pro rata).|
|Hours of Work||40 hours per week. Monday to Friday with flexibility required dependent upon season|
|Closing Date||Friday 21st June 2019|
ASSISTANT WAREHOUSE TEAM LEADER (Evenings)
A great opportunity to become part of a team supporting the growth of our rapidly expanding business and with a view to further career progression for the right individuals. The Assistant Team Leader will support the Warehouse Team Leader with the following: –
Job Role: Although primarily a ‘hands-on’ role, the function of the Warehouse Team Leader (nights) is to coordinate the efficient operation of the Warehouse and supervision of all staff under your direct or indirect control. The Warehouse Team Leader is required to Manage a small team and deal with the receipt of Goods In. A key measure of success is your ability to influence and contribute to the effective running of the warehouse and to ensure we provide an excellent service to our internal and external customers.
Shift Hours: Evening Shift 16:00 to 00:30
- Supervision of warehouse personnel, systems and procedures to ensure workload goals and deadlines are met within budgetary constraints with speed, accuracy and efficiency.
- Duties to include, but not limited to, the optimisation of space for both the put away and retrieval of new and existing stock, condensing, picking, packaging and labelling consignments for despatch
- Effective and timely communication of relevant information to support the maintenance of effective operations and to contribute towards making incremental changes in working practices that will impact in a positive manner (Continuous Improvement and 5S).
- Ensure compliance and adherence to all health and safety and environmental legislation, including company policies & procedures by shift personnel always.
- Develop the skills & knowledge of your team by training, coaching and mentoring where necessary or appropriate, including new employee inductions.
- Monitor and maintain individual team members performance and take appropriate steps should any individual fall below acceptable standards – Challenge inappropriate behaviour and recognise or praise where appropriate.
- To report or advise any maintenance or MHE related issues promptly.
- Ensure correct stock records/transfers are maintained and proactively lead regular rolling stock checks
- To take a pro-active ‘hands on’ approach and lead by example.
- To provide ‘on call’ cover in the event of an emergency ‘call out’ due to alarm activation. (Rarely needed as there is a third-party response contract in place).
- Correct handling and storage to maintain a high level of quality control
- Driving of forklifts and ensuring safe practices are adhered to –
- Help to maintain clean and tidy work areas
- Operate and supervise the operation of all equipment in a safe manner
- Any other duties deemed necessary by the company for the successful completion of the role or for the benefit of the company Skills/experience
- Leadership skills – supportive, persuasive and patient.
- Hands on and prepared to lead by example.
- Pc literate, conversant with Microsoft packages as well as exposure to WMS’s
- Organised and efficient, ability to plan and supervise tasks within deadlines.
- Experience of general warehouse procedures.
- Be physically fit as a considerable amount of lifting is required.
- Clean driving licence
- Good humoured
- A calm, level-headed approach
- Able to give and take instructions
How to apply?
To download our PDF jobs description or application form attachments you will require Adobe Reader. Please click Here to download to your computer if needed.