|Location||Heathfield, Newton Abbot and mobile in the South West|
|Benefits||Healthcare cashback scheme, 25% in store discount, 50% on-line discount, pension (if applicable), 31 days holiday p.a. (pro rata)|
|Hours of Work||40 hours per week|
|Closing Date||Friday 23rd February 2018|
We are looking to recruit a Handyman/Maintenance Operative to take responsibility for the general maintenance of our Warehouses and shops in the South West, working 40 hours per week, Monday to Friday.
Duties include completing or organising maintenance and repairs throughout the Stores & Warehouses and carrying out some upkeep of the grounds, carrying out routine safety checks and general decoration.
- Carry out general building repair and maintenance
- Hanging of doors and fitting of new frames
- Repairing of windows and doors
- Changing of locks, door closures and other door furniture
- Basic plumbing and small leak repairs
- Painting, decoration and making good, fitting of carpet tiles
- To apply relevant trade skills to carry out reactive maintenance standards
- Ensure health and safety of sites are met to regulation standards
- Maintain regular consistent and professional attendance, punctuality, personal appearance, and adhere to relevant health and safety procedures. Pursue personal development of skills and knowledge.
- Adhere to stated policies and procedures relating to Health & Safety and Quality Management.
- Any other tasks deemed by the Company to be necessary for the successful completion of the role.
- If you have sound knowledge of property maintenance and repairs including basic plumbing, carpentry and basic electrics we would love to hear from you. We need an enthusiastic and hardworking individual who can effectively time manage and prioritise tasks, and be able to work alone and use their initiative.
- Previous experience in a Retail Stores maintenance role or within a manufacturing / warehouse environment would be an advantage, but not essential.
- There will be the need to travel to sites so a driving licence and the ability to and willingness to travel locally is essential.
- Shortlisted candidates will be asked to provide evidence of a proven maintenance track record and / or experience of facilities management.
How to apply?
To download our PDF jobs description or application form attachments you will require Adobe Reader. Please click Here to download to your computer if needed.