JUNIOR GARMENT/PRODUCT TECHNOLOGIST
|Location||Heathfield, Newton Abbot and mobile in the South West|
|Salary||£17,000 - £18,000|
|Benefits||Healthcare cashback scheme, 25% in store discount, 50% on-line discount, pension (if applicable), 31 days holiday p.a. (pro rata)|
|Hours of Work||40 hours per week|
|Closing Date||Friday 15th June 2018|
JUNIOR GARMENT TECHNOLOGIST
A Junior Garment Technologist is required to manage the technical & quality processes for clothing, accessories and other lifestyle products.
You will be part of a small technical team, reporting to the Quality Assurance & Compliance Officer, whilst working closely with design team, buying team, shipping team and the manufacturers. You will need to work with the relevant stakeholders to ensure products are produced to comply with EU/UK/customer safety legislation, are fit for purpose, fits to specifications, and adheres to customer and industry standards.
You will be required to ensure that the product safety and consistent quality performance is assured from the beginning to the end of the product cycle and exceeds our expectations. This is achieved by providing clear, accurate, concise feedback to the manufacturers on pre-production and production samples. You will also need to provide technical expertise and guidance to colleagues, customers and team members. You will need to keep updated on current & changing legislation, technical changes, customer requirements and industry standards.
Further training and development will be provided to the right candidate. This role will involve travel in the UK and may involve travel to China.
- Administer Pre-shipment inspections, social compliance audits & related paperwork
- Monitor and record product status using the critical path within our product lead system
- Assist in evaluating packaging and Instruction Manuals to ensure accuracy for all data. Ensuring labelling and specs are correct
- Checking that production methods meet legislation guidelines.
- Inputting of data for product quality, safety and due diligence documentation.
- Analysing test & inspection documentation and certification with third parties.
- Requesting and processing of technical related data from buyers or suppliers.
- Quality Checking samples and bulk stock once arrived in the UK. Report findings to the buying team and other relevant stakeholders. Process improvements from findings.
- Direct liaison with buying teams, suppliers, other departments & service suppliers.
- Reviewing internal & external complaints & conducting compliance checks
- Proactively identifying and analysing potential problems and proposing commercially acceptable solutions.
- Other duties as required.
- Any other duties deemed necessary by the company for the successful completion of the role or for the benefit of the company
- Excellent planning, organisational and time management abilities gained in a fast-moving commercial organisation
- Ability to react swiftly to changing requirements and pressure
- A demonstrable practical or technical background.
- PC literate with experience of working with Microsoft Office packages.
- Excellent written & verbal skills.
- A keen eye for attention to detail.
- Experience in retail or factory QC or admin.
- Knowledge of or experienced in:
- EN71 Safety of Toys
- Construction & manufacturing methods, garments, accessories and lifestyle products
- Experience of the risk assessment process
- Some knowledge or experience of product groups and how products are constructed
- Good lateral, analytical and problem-solving abilities
- Hands-on approach, preferably from a textile, accessories or product manufacturing environment.
- Experience & understanding of specifications, drawings and component level problem solving
How to apply?
To download our PDF jobs description or application form attachments you will require Adobe Reader. Please click Here to download to your computer if needed.