JUNIOR GRAPHIC DESIGNER
|Location||Heathfield, Newton Abbot|
|Salary||£18,000 - £20,000 per annum|
|Benefits||25% shop discount, 50% online discount, pension (if applicable) and Company sponsored healthcare scheme. 31 days holiday per year (pro rata).|
|Hours of Work||40 hours per week. Monday to Friday.|
|Closing Date||Friday 31st July 2020|
JUNIOR GRAPHIC DESIGNER
Our company is currently searching for a talented, skilled, all round Junior Graphic Designer to work on our beach and toy collections. The successful candidate will have strong design skills, typography, have previously produced artwork for both digital and print, thorough knowledge of Creative Suite. Retouching/ image manipulation skills are a must.
You will be required to work to fixed deadlines and will be required to produce design from concept through to production. We are looking for a team player who works well under pressure and is able to communicate well with internal clients. Must be able to manage their time and work without supervision.
The ideal candidate should be able to display their creativity and suitability through their portfolio of projects for both digital and print.
This position is a full-time, permanent role.
- Support designers with artwork and factory ready tech packs
- Work within a team on designing new and current packaging to finished artwork
- Produce creative and typographically pleasing designs daily
- Manage time and priorities workflow
- Work within a team on seasonal collection for both Beach and Toy division
- Adhere to stated policies and procedures relating to Health & Safety and Quality Management
- Any other tasks deemed by the Company to be necessary for the successful completion of the role
- Able to produce extremely creative and professional design to high standards.
- Some knowledge of designing for Point of Sale would be preferred but not essential.
- Some knowledge working in a creative environment previously must be used to interpreting
- Proven record of using all Adobe CS programs, including Photoshop, Illustrator and In-design
- Knowledge of producing artwork for print.
- Good attention to detail and a ‘can’ do attitude.
- Image manipulation and retouching skills.
- Ability to estimate timelines and deliver to tight deadlines.
- Organisational and communication skills are essential with the ability to self-prioritise.
- Preferably has a design degree, or equivalent and/or relevant proven work record.
How to apply?
To download our PDF jobs description or application form attachments you will require Adobe Reader. Please click Here to download to your computer if needed.