|Location||Exeter EX4 0BQ|
|Salary||£10.75-£12.25 per hour|
|Benefits||25% TII discount, 50% online discount, pension, company sponsored healthcare scheme and 33 days holiday per annum (pro rata).|
|Hours of Work||40 hours per week.|
|Closing Date||Monday 15th February 2021|
Although primarily a ‘hands-on’ role, the function of the Warehouse Supervisor is to coordinate the efficient operation of the Warehouse and supervision of all staff under your direct or indirect control.
The Warehouse Supervisor is required to supervise a small team and deal with all goods in and goods out in our retail operation. A key measure of success is your ability to influence and contribute to the effective running of the warehouse and to ensure we provide an excellent service to our customers, both internally and externally.
- Co-ordination of all aspects of the ‘Goods in’ and ‘stock replenishment’ processes, including the appropriate re-distribution of stock as required for our on-line business.
- Effective and timely communication of relevant information to support the maintenance of effective operations.
- Supervision of warehouse shift personnel, shift systems and procedures to ensure shift workload goals and deadlines are met.
- General stock replenishment and rotation.
- To make effective use of available space and liaise, as necessary, with the Warehouse Manager to address and identify any capacity issues.
- Ensure compliance and adherence to all health and safety and environmental legislation, including company policies & procedures by shift personnel at all times, training, coaching and mentoring where necessary or appropriate, including new employee inductions.
- Challenge inappropriate behaviour
- To report or advise any maintenance or MHE related issues promptly.
- Ensure correct stock records/transfers are maintained
- To take a pro-active ‘hands on’ approach and lead by example.
- To provide ‘on call’ cover in the event of an emergency ‘call out’ due to alarm activation. (Rarely needed as there is a third party response contract in place).
- Any other duties deemed necessary by the Company for the successful completion of the role or for the benefit of the company.
- Hands on and prepared to lead by example.
- Organised and efficient, ability to plan and supervise tasks within deadlines.
- Leadership skills – supportive, persuasive and patient.
- Experience of general warehouse procedures.
- Be physically fit as a considerable amount of lifting is required.
- Clean driving licence
- Good humoured
- A calm, level-headed approach
- Able to give and take instructions
How to apply?
To download our PDF jobs description or application form attachments you will require Adobe Reader. Please click Here to download to your computer if needed.