We are currently seeking an experienced web developer to assist our growing team in development of best-in-class eCommerce websites and applications. This is a fantastic opportunity to work for a growing global multi-channel company based in Devon.
Wilton Bradley specialise in design, development, and supply of consumer products in the Sports, Leisure and Toy markets. We distribute our own branded and licensed products to national and independent retailers throughout the UK and around the World. Our brand portfolio includes household names such as Lay-Z-Spa, Bestway, Osprey, VW, and the X-Factor.
Working as part of the Web Team your main role will be creating new websites, features and functionality as well as providing day-to-day support. Our eCommerce portfolio runs on Magento 2 with other sites using Laravel and WordPress. The team also maintain iOS and Android mobile apps, running on Ionic.
The successful candidate should be a passionate problem solver with a great eye for detail. You will need to communicate with departments and stakeholders across the business.
Magento experience is desirable, training and certification paths are available for the right candidate. This is an exciting role, offering a generous salary based on experience.
- End-to-end support and enhancements to the Magento 2 platform
- Deliver high-quality, secure code as well as conduct code reviews of other developer’s work.
- Liaising with other project stakeholders to deliver best in class solutions
- Integrating third party products and APIs
- Liaise with designers to build well thought out user interfaces
- Create comprehensive test plans and perform testing as required. Facilitate User Acceptance Testing.
- Working with other developers to complete projects and tasks to improve our websites.
Skills and Experience Required:
To be successful in your application for the Magento Developer, you will have proven experience working on e-commerce websites within a retailer or agency environment. This job is perfect for a Junior Developer looking to move to a mid-developer role and improve their skills.
You will have:
- 3+ years’ work experience using PHP as a Web Developer.
- Experience designing and building e-commerce platforms
- A solid understanding of both frontend and backend development practices.
- Experience of common development technologies including Git, Docker, Vagrant, CI/CD.
- Degree level educated or experience to a similar level
Desirable skills include:
- Experienced in Magento 2 (Ideally certified)
- Experience with custom Google Analytics Integrations, Bespoke SEO requirements and a deep knowledge of Technical SEO Best Practices.
- Linux administration experience