This role will suit someone who is truly passionate about product quality, specifically in the toy and leisure goods industry. We are offering a great opportunity to grow within a modern, forward thinking business with an ambitious growth plan. The role is a new position in our quality team and will be based in our head office in Newton Abbot.
The ideal person will be competent, technically mind and highly analytical, with a quality background and used to driving product improvement. However, training can be given to someone with an open approach to learning and who has the drive and determination to work hard for the business to achieve key objectives.
MAIN PURPOSE/KEY RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Quality Inspector will be responsible for arranging pre-shipment inspections in the Far East through our partner third party company, completing inspection activities within our warehouse when stock arrives and also managing a product database of weights and measurements for approx. 5,000 SKUs. The chosen candidate will perform regular product evaluations, record inspection results, and recommend improvements to the Buying team. To excel in this role, applicants should demonstrate great attention to detail with excellent technical ability.
At Wilton Bradley, all products are carefully designed and manufactured to the highest level of safety and quality, so ensuring all products meet the quality and ethical requirements laid out by the company and our customers / licensors is a critical role.
IDEAL PERSON SPECIFICATION
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in a similar role
- Knowledge of ISO 9001 Quality Management Systems
- Strong technical background and ability to read design specification sheets
- Problem solving tools (8D, 5Y etc.)
- Writing and implementing procedures and processes
- Understanding of the requirements of the Toy Safety Directive and relevant standards with emphasis on EN 71 parts 1, 2 & 3.
- Experience of working in a manufacturing / warehouse environment
- Working with counterparts in other countries including external inspection companies
DEMONSTRABLE BEHAVIOURS REQUIRED:
- Self-motivated, self-starter and able to work independently
- Ability to quickly assimilate information / quick-thinking
- Highly organised
- Forward planning / Ability to prioritise
- Flexible / Adaptable / Efficient
- Problem solving
- Thinking outside the box / Creative thinker
- Tact and diplomacy
- Calm under pressure
- Active listening