We are seeking a senior full stack web developer to join our expanding team and become a team lead / product lead for our inhouse Customer Service Platform. Our ideal candidate is a full-stack PHP developer who has a passion for frontend excellence and delivering an outstanding user-experience.
As part of our customer service product development team, you will work closely with the product owner from customer services to deliver industry leading, business critical solutions, integrated with all aspects of the business to support our growing portfolio of company owned brands.
We offer a close-knit development team who share an ethos of continuous self-improvement through mentorship, training, and regular gaming nights. We encourage our team to develop skills across different projects and our tech stack includes Laravel, Vue, Native JS (ES5, ES6), Docker, Gitlab (CI/CD), PHPUnit, MySQL (and derivatives), Linux.
As a company we are going through a period of exciting growth, 2020 was our best year yet and we were recently named in the London Stock Exchange’s top 1000 Companies to Inspire Britain.
What we are looking for:
We are looking for a motivated hands-on senior developer, responsible for day-to-day development of our in-house customer service CRM solution. You will lead by example, setting development standards and best practice through the mentorship of a small team. As the Technical Product Lead, you will have a stake in the direction of the product, architecting solutions that deliver business value.
- Passion for best-in-class solutions
- Strong problem-solving skills
- 4+ years of hands-on web development experience.
- Solid PHP fundamentals + Laravel or Symfony framework experience
- Experience in the development and deployment of critical back-office solutions using CI/CD pipelines
- Use of modern workflow / tools (Git, Composer etc…)
- Knowledge of a modern JS framework – E.g., Vue, React, Angular or Knockout.
- Experience in writing frontend and backend unit and integration tests.
- Demonstratable ability of solution architecting from frontend to code, to database, to server infrastructure.
- Adhering to ‘security by design’ principles to minimise attack surface area, establish secure defaults and fail securely
- Solid organisation and leadership skills to mentor and drive our engineering talent
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Good interpersonal skills to handle a diverse range and stakeholders of different abilities.
- Taking project requirements and translating them into technical proposals and specifications
- Implementing current best practice and coding standards.
- Providing input into future developments for vision, solution design and estimating.
- To adopt and implement changing technology and practices with collaboration of the lead developer
- Manage and prioritise tasks with a sense of urgency
- To be supportive and knowledgeable to the team to help hone your abilities and learn from others through code review and collaborative working.
- Working alongside other team leads tasked with mobile app development and customer facing ecommerce solutions where required offering expert advice.
- Day to day development of the products
Desirable but not essential: Familiar with a software development approach – E.g., Agile / Scrum.