We are recruiting an experienced Training & Development Officer to join our existing HR team. Reporting to the HR Manager, the successful candidate will be responsible for all training and the talent management process, including resource management, onboarding, and talent development.
To effectively coordinate the training, coaching and mentoring of new and existing team members. You will effectively coordinate end to end delivery of new team members into the business; this will include assisting with interviews, arranging inductions, and liaise with team mangers for mentoring.
General Duties/Key Responsibilities:
- Able to deliver, manage and motivate team members through effective training, both in group and individual training environments
- Manage and develop the full onboarding process for all team members
- Work with the HR Manager and department heads to identify skills gaps for future training requirements
- Work with the department heads to co-ordinate Personal Development Plans and Training Programmes for new and existing team members and agree priorities
- Delivery of statutory training e.g. manual handling, fire safety, etc.
- Assist in the development of an effective Apprenticeship and intern programmes including mentoring and coaching, and continual development of the schemes to ensure effectiveness
- Constant improvement and development of training processes and recording to ensure records are kept up to date.
- Building and managing relationships with external training providers
- Develop, review and maintain training procedures/documents and sign off sheets as required.
- Assess any training given to team members to ensure the level of training delivered is consistent and sufficient
- Deliver industry leading training, create and maintain a positive and professional learning environment.
Skills & Abilities:
- Utilise a variety of the training methods, techniques, concepts, learning tools, and practices to ensure maximum effectiveness of training programs
- Familiarity with Learning and Development processes and practises as well as previous involvement in managing apprenticeship and graduate schemes
- Ability to work on own initiative and prioritise work loads
- Outstanding communication and presentation skills
- Computer literate with knowledge of Microsoft office and web-based systems; visual aids & technology
- High energy, enthusiastic, motivational and organised.
- Strong organizational, planning, project management, problem solving, communication, presentation, facilitation, and influencing skills