QUALITY ASSURANCE AND COMPLIANCE MANAGER
|Location||Healthfield, Newton Abbot|
|Salary||£30k - 40k|
|Benefits||25% TII discount, 50% WB discount, company pension, company sponsored healthcare scheme, 33 days holiday pro rata and cycle2work scheme.|
|Hours of Work||40 hours per week. Monday to Friday|
|Closing Date||Friday 25th June 2021|
This role will suit someone who is truly passionate about product quality and compliance. We are offering a great opportunity to join a modern, forward thinking business with an ambitious growth plan.
The ideal person will be an expert in product safety, specifically toys, hardlines, softlines and electronics. They must have a demonstratable quality background and must be used to managing a team of quality and compliance technologists in the UK and HK.
To oversee Wilton Bradley’s product development and ongoing range, ensuring that all products are carefully designed and manufactured to the highest level of safety and quality. You will be accountable for ensuring all products conform with the relevant legislation for their intended market whilst maintaining a supply base that meets the quality and ethical requirements laid out by the company and our customers / licensors.
You will report to the Product Director and will be managing a small technical and quality team, working closely with Design, Buying and the key stakeholders of the business.
Planning, organising and follow up with our product team (UK based), our Hong Kong team or key factories, regarding product risk assessments and testing requirements on all new lines and of any product lines with physical, chemical or legislative changes.
Ideal Person Specification/Experience Required
- Risk Assessment Training / Demonstrable experience in Product Risk Assessment
- Internal Auditor Training (eg IRCA)
- Demonstrable experience in a QA management role
- Sound due diligence testing procedure
- Good understanding of pre-shipment inspections and AQL
- Writing and implementing procedures
- Working to the requirements of country specific legislations for product compliance and due diligence
- Good knowledge and understanding of REACH requirements and chemical compliance risks
- Experience of working in a manufacturing / warehouse environment
- Working with counterparts in other countries including external testing agencies
- Experience of ethical auditing / monitoring systems, eg Amfori BSCI, SMETA, ICTI
- Experience of managing certified QMS such as ISO9001
Demonstrable behaviours required:
- Ability to quickly assimilate information / quick-thinking
- Highly organised
- Forward planning / Ability to prioritise
- Strong willed but know boundaries
- Commercial Acumen
- Flexible / Adaptable / Efficient
- Problem solving
- Thinking outside the box / Creative thinker
- Tact and diplomacy
- Calm under pressure
- Active listening
How to apply?
To download our PDF jobs description or application form attachments you will require Adobe Reader. Please click Here to download to your computer if needed.