SHIPPING TEAM LEADER
|Location||Healthfield, Newton Abbot|
|Benefits||25% TII Discount, 50% WB Discount, company pension, company sponsored healthcare scheme, 33 days holiday and cycle2work scheme.|
|Hours of Work||40 hours per week. Monday to Friday|
|Closing Date||Friday 25th June 2021|
As a result of our continued growth, we are seeking an Shipping Team leader with an enthusiastic approach to work. We are looking for a confident, proactive, hardworking individual who can cope in a fast-paced, challenging environment. Professionalism, organisational and computer literacy skills, and experience of working well under pressure are key requirements for this job role. Your primary objective will be managing the work direction for the shipping team and dealing with all documentation pertaining to importation of products sourced from overseas. This is a highly critical role that requires an individual whose data entry skills are methodical and accurate.
- Provide day to day work direction to the shipping team to ensure the import process is executed properly.
- Management of documentation to successfully complete all import duties and process.
Creating and processing various information. This will includes creating analysis tools and reports using spread sheets and other databases.
Organising and updating relevant data systems as a daily task to be undertaken with speed and accuracy.
Prepare and submit relevant administration in a timely and accurate manner.
Diary management and scheduling deliveries.
- Ability to communicate clearly with suppliers, ensuring efficient and positive relations that further enable the smooth operation of the importation process.
- Build and maintain positive working relations with all other relevant departments internally and externally that contribute to import activities.
- Use sound personal judgement and initiative to develop effective and constructive solutions to challenges and obstacles that may occur.
- Shipping Experience
- Experience in Leading and coaching small teams
- Good communicator at all levels
- Computer literate
- Ability to work well under pressure and to tight deadlines.
- Able to prioritise own workload and others.
- Ability to solve complex problem is critical.
- Ability to multitask.
- Working knowledge of Word, Outlook and databases required with extensive knowledge of complex formulas within Excel.
- Accurate at data inputting
- Confident, positive attitude
- Methodical and organised way of working
- Ability to lead a team and also manage teams workload.
- Sense of humour
- Willingness to display flexibility in working hours as occasions may sometimes demand
How to apply?
To download our PDF jobs description or application form attachments you will require Adobe Reader. Please click Here to download to your computer if needed.