|Location||Heathfield, Newton Abbot|
|Benefits||25% TII discount, 50% WBL discount, pension, healthcare cashback scheme, 33 days holiday and cycle2work scheme.|
|Hours of Work||40 hours per week.|
|Closing Date||Friday 28th May 2021|
Wilton Bradley specialises in the design, development, distribution, and marketing of consumer products in the toy and outdoor leisure markets. We supply our own brands and products to a broad range of customers, from independent and multi-national retailers to international distributors.
We have recently been recognised in the London Stock Exchange Group’s Report: 1,000 Companies to Inspire Britain, acknowledging the fastest growing businesses across sectors and regions which have achieved significant performance, as well as being ranked in the Western Morning News’ top 150 businesses in Devon and Cornwall.
A key driver to the company’s success has been the growth of our toy category which continues to expand globally. As a result, we are seeking a dynamic Toy Buyer that will bring experience and knowledge of the toy industry along with an enthusiastic approach to work. The successful candidate will manage and oversea multiple categories within our toy division, developing new product ranges and optimising the sales potential of our core products. The candidate will be part of a motivated team, working in a progressive and creative environment. Travel to attend UK and Overseas trade shows will be required.
- Identifying, sourcing and developing a range of products within the toy category
- Leading negotiations for all products and manage supplier relationships
- Analysing and maintain stock levels to optimise sales
- Maintaining and update pricing and product data
- Ensuring company margin requirements are achieved
- Travelling to attend UK and international trade shows and visiting suppliers
- Previous buying experience within the toy industry
- Extensive knowledge of products and supply chain
- Line management skills
- Accountability for achieving company margin requirements
- Strong analytical skills
- Negotiation skills and the ability to network and influence people
- Excellent communication skills, internal and external
- Computer literate with a good working knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word and Outlook
- Excellent numeracy, time management, organisational and problem-solving skills
- Commercial awareness
- Creative flair
- A passion for product.
- Entrepreneurial spirit and a willingness to take risks
- Self-motivated and confident
- Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
- Highly organised and methodical
- Ability to work on own initiative and as part of a team
- Ambition and passion to succeed
How to apply?
To download our PDF jobs description or application form attachments you will require Adobe Reader. Please click Here to download to your computer if needed.