TOY PRODUCT DEVELOPER
|Location||Heathfield, Newton Abbot|
|Benefits||25% TII discount, 50% WBL discount, pension, healthcare cashback scheme, 33 days holiday and cycle2work scheme.|
|Hours of Work||40 hours per week. Monday to Friday.|
|Closing Date||Friday 28th May 2021|
Wilton Bradley is a UK company that specialises in the design, development, distribution, and marketing of consumer products in the toy and outdoor leisure markets. We supply our own brands and products to a broad range of customers, from independent and multi-national retailers to international distributors.
We have recently been recognised in the London Stock Exchange Group’s Report: 1,000 Companies to Inspire Britain, acknowledging the fastest growing businesses across sectors and regions which have achieved significant performance, as well as being ranked in the Western Morning News’ top 150 businesses in Devon and Cornwall.
A key driver to the company’s success has been our focus on developing new and unique items within our Toy product category. As a result, we are seeking an innovative product developer that will bring experience and knowledge to the role along with an enthusiastic approach to work. The role is based in our UK headquarters in South Devon, England. The successful candidate will be responsible for end-to-end product development projects across multiple Toy categories, developing new product ranges, working with the buying and design teams and liaising with sales and marketing. The candidate will be part of a motivated team, working in a progressive and creative environment. Travel to attend UK and Overseas trade shows will be required.
- Conducting in depth market research and trend analysis
- Identifying, sourcing and developing a range of products
- Creating briefs for our in house designers
- Overseeing prototyping and development sampling processes
- Completing and checking product specifications
- Liaising with suppliers and factories, including travel to the Far East, as required
- Involvement in managing cost prices and ensuring company margin requirements are met
- Managing each product’s critical path
- Travelling to attend UK and international trade shows and visiting suppliers.
- Previous product development experience
- Extensive knowledge of products and supply chain
- Ability to produce innovative and creative concepts
- Strong analytical skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills, internal and external
- Computer literate with a good working knowledge of Microsoft Excel and AI Illustrator
- Excellent numeracy, time management, organisational and problem-solving skills
- Commercial awareness
- Negotiation skills and the ability to network and influence people.
- Creative flair
- A passion for product
- Entrepreneurial spirit and a willingness to take risks
- Self-motivated and confident
- Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
- Highly organised and methodical
- Ability to work on own initiative and as part of a team
- Ambition and passion to succeed.
How to apply?
To download our PDF jobs description or application form attachments you will require Adobe Reader. Please click Here to download to your computer if needed.