|Location||Heathfield, Newton Abbot|
|Contract||Full time, permanent|
|Salary||£18k to £22k|
|Benefits||25% shop discount, 50% online discount, pension (if applicable), healthcare cashback scheme|
|Hours of Work||40 hours per week. Monday to Friday|
|Closing Date||Friday 31st July 2020|
Wilton Bradley specialises in the design, development, distribution, and marketing of consumer products in the toy and outdoor leisure markets. We supply our own brands and products to a broad range of customers, from independent and multi-national retailers to international distributors. Whilst product design and development are a key part of what we do, we also distribute a select number of market leading brands in the UK including Bestway and Lay-Z-Spa, two of the world’s leading inflatable/leisure brands.
We have recently been recognised in the London Stock Exchange Group’s Report: 1,000 Companies to Inspire Britain, acknowledging the fastest growing businesses across sectors and regions which have achieved significant performance.
As a result of our continued growth, we are seeking a dynamic Assistant Buyer with an enthusiastic approach to work. The successful candidate will work closely with the Buying Director, providing administrative support, whilst learning the role of a Buyer in a progressive and creative environment. There will be the potential opportunity to attend trade shows and travel, therefore extra hours may be required during busy periods.
• Assist the Buying Director with general administrative tasks
• Analyse and maintain stock levels
• Following order processes from placement to delivery
• Maintain and update company databases and systems with supplier data
• Manage and develop supplier relationships with daily correspondence
• Communicate and negotiate with suppliers in the Far East and worldwide
• Product and market research
• Any other tasks deemed by the company to be necessary for the successful completion of the role
• Graduate or equivalent
• Computer literate with a good working knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word, and Outlook
• Excellent numeracy, time management and organisational skills
• Ability to complete tasks with careful attention to detail and to a high level of accuracy
• Strong analytical skills
• Excellent oral and written communication
• Previous buying or merchandising experience desirable but not essential
• Self-motivated and enthusiastic
• Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
• Highly organised, analytical, and methodical
• Ability to work on own initiative and as part of a team
How to apply?
To download our PDF jobs description or application form attachments you will require Adobe Reader. Please click Here to download to your computer if needed.