|Location||Heathfield, Newton Abbot|
|Contract||Full time, Permanent|
|Benefits||Healthcare cashback scheme, 25% in store discount, 50% on-line discount, Pension scheme (if applicable)|
|Hours of Work||40 hours per week|
|Closing Date||Friday 29th September 2017|
To support the import process within the Buying department, dealing with all documentation pertaining to importation of products sourced from overseas. This is a highly critical role that requires an individual whose data entry skills are methodical and accurate. This is a full-time, permanent role.
- Management of the necessary documentation for the efficient, cost effective and lawful execution of all import duties.
- Manage, organise and update relevant data, with speed and accuracy, using database application. File data and perform other routine clerical tasks.
- Type and word process various documents and electronic information; create statistical tools and reports using spread sheets and data bases.
- Communicate with import related authorities, customer and suppliers in all relevant countries, as necessary to ensure efficient and positive relations so as to enable the smooth operation of product importation
- Liaise with stock control, warehousing and distribution activities influenced by or reliant upon import activities
- Prepare and submit relevant administration in a timely and accurate manner, i.e.: shipping schedules, letters of credit, licences, declaration, routing, transport and safety documentation
- Liaise with other departments in order to establish and maintain effective and relevant import activities and support in relation to the organisations sales, purchasing and overall operating functions
- Maintain and share personal knowledge of all relevant import laws and procedures, tariff and duties, licences and restrictions
- Use personal judgement and initiative to develop effective and constructive solutions to challenges and obstacles in import activity and procedures
- Any other duties deemed necessary by the company for the successful completion of the role or for the benefit of the companySkills/knowledge
- Experience of Import Administration would be an advantage but not essential
- Good communicator at all levels
- Computer literate
- Ability to work well under pressure
- Able to prioritise own workload
- Ability to solve complex problem is critical
- Ability to multi task
- Working knowledge of Word, Excel, Outlook and databases. Knowledge of Critical Path software would be an advantage.
- Accurate at data inputting
- Confident, positive attitude
How to apply?
To download our PDF jobs description or application form attachments you will require Adobe Reader. Please click Here to download to your computer if needed.